Overcoming Breast Rejection

overcoming breast rejection

Are you going through breast rejection with your baby? Here are three tips for bringing your baby back to breast:⁠⁠⁠⁠ 1. Make The Breast a Happy Place to Be We don’t want to turn the breast into a battlefield. Don’t try to latch baby on when they are upset, hungry, and crying. ⁠⁠Feed the baby…

Read More

Nipple Shields – Friend or Foe?

Nipple Shields - Friend or Foe

Nipples shields seem to be popping up more and more in the breastfeeding world. Many parents are being handed nipple shields while still in the hospital, and I’ve even seen it being listed on baby registries! While nipple shields can be helpful with lactation, are they the miracle solution to breastfeeding problems that some parents…

Read More

Can I Eat That? Foods to Avoid While Breastfeeding.

There’s a lot of information out there on eating and diet while breastfeeding. I will say, on a daily basis I get asked if there are foods to avoid while breastfeeding. Or, any foods the parent should eat more of! Most of the information you find online can be confusing and contradict other information you…

Read More

Three Things You Need To Know About Oversupply

Nine years ago, I remember sitting down to breastfeed my son. I smiled at him as he latched to the breast…and then watch as he immediately came off coughing and choking, getting sprayed in the face with milk in the process. That’s when I realized that I was a breastfeeding mom who had an oversupply…

Read More

Breastfeeding in Public: Making the Choice for You and Your Baby

Two days ago I posted a poll on my Facebook and Instagram page asking subscribers how comfortable they feel breastfeeding in public. The two choices for the poll were ‘very comfortable with breastfeeding in public’ or ‘it’s awkward!’ Out of the people who responded, 70% voted for ‘very comfortable,’ leaving 30% feeling awkward when breastfeeding…

Read More

Skin-to-Skin Contact with Newborns: When to Do It, And Why

Okay, y’all, let’s talk about skin-to-skin. Skin-to-skin is all the rage in the birthing community right now. In fact, it’s pretty much what all the cool parents are doing these days. And for good reason. What is skin-to-skin? Skin-to-skin is literally skin-to-skin – as in, baby dressed down to his or her diaper, and parent…

Read More